- Title: My Dangerous Pleasure by Carolyn Jewel
- Classification: Adult Fiction
- Genre: Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance
- Format: Paperback, 384 pages
- Publisher: Forever (May 31, 2011)
- ISBN-10: 0446563870
- ISBN-13: 978-0446563871
- Notes: I read the ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) of this book The book comes out on May 31st, and I added it to my list of most anticipated releases of May. Also, language was used which some may find inappropriate.
Paisley Nichols is the girl next store type. She owns a bakery and is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet. When a regular customer at the bakery she owns asks her out, she says yes. That was a big mistake. Little did she know that this seemingly innocent event would change her life, throwing her into a world of mages, witches, demons, and warlords. Now avoiding the unwanted advances of a mage who claims she's his, Paisley finds protection in a very unlikely person--her landlord, Iskander. Did I mention Iskander is extremely good-looking? He also happens to be on of the deadliest demon assassins out there.
This is the fourth book in the series, but I didn't feel lost even though I hadn't read the previous three books. The men are gorgeous, and the love scenes are steamy. My favorite part, however, was the world that Ms. Jewel created and that is what I truly look forward to seeing more of in her books. A very fun read. I gave this one a 4 out of 5 stars rating.
Order of the series:
1. My Wicked Enemy
2. My Forbidden Desire
3. My Immortal Assassin
4. My Dangerous Pleasure