Fool's Gold is known as the Land of Happy Endings, but it's also the land of hearty appetites. Throughout the series, the residents of Fool's Gold have found joy, comfort and good times through food. Now two local Fool's Gold chefs will also find love through food! Join them as they flirt, fight and fall in love, one season at a time.
The more than 150 recipes and dozens of gorgeous photographs in this book will inspire you to find perfection in the simple and the seasonal. And with all of Fool's Gold with you in the kitchen, your every celebration will have a happy ending!
Vegetable oil, to grease the pan
1 pound ziti, penne or small shells pasta
1 bag (16 ounces) frozen puréed butternut squash, thawed
1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
Salt and black pepper
¾ cup Parmesan, grated, and divided
½ cup prepared basil pesto
TIP: Whole-milk ricotta is best for cooking. Low-fat varieties don’t stand up to high heat as well.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
2. Cook pasta 2 minutes less than package directions. Drain. Meanwhile, place squash in a metal colander; set colander over boiling pasta to warm through.
3. In a large bowl, whisk ricotta, warm squash, eggs, salt and pepper. Fold in the cooked pasta until coated. Stir in ¼ cup of the Parmesan.
4. Spoon mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish; dot with pesto and sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, until lightly golden and warmed through.
Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
(Recipe used with permission of the publisher)
I'm giving away a copy of Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold Cookbook: A Love Story Told Through 150 Recipes to 2 lucky winners.
Rules of Eligibility:
- Only residents of the US and Canada who are 18 years of age or older are eligible.
- Please leave your email address so I may get in contact with you to get your mailing address. **No P.O. Boxes, please**.
- Become a follower of my blog, if you aren't already. (Required)
Winners will be randomly chosen. Only one prize per person and per address. Giveaway ends on September 20th, midnight Eastern time. Giveaway is being sponsored by the publisher and books will be distributed by them. Winners will be posted on my blog and notified by email. Winners will have 48 hours to respond before another winner will be selected. Good Luck!